By WhatsApp Inc.
Supported Devices :
, iPhone 3G
, iPhone 3GS
, iPhone 4
, iPhone 4S
, iPhone 5
, iPhone 5C
, iPhone 5S
, iPhone6 Plus
28/02/2017 | Version : 2.17.7 | Size : 130.2 MB
17/02/2017 | Version : 2.17.5 | Size : 130.2 MB
• Bug fixes.
14/02/2017 | Version : 2.17.4 | Size : 130.2 MB
• Bug fixes.
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
: Top Free iPhone Applications
: Top Free iPhone Applications [Social Networking]
: Top Free iPhone Applications [Kids]
Screenshots iPhone / iPod :
Comments and Ratings for WhatsApp Messenger
Updated version is rubbish (2.17.5)
1/5 By Sarah491
I do not like the new update. The 24hr status change is ridiculous and pointless and I hate the fact I can no longer set a status and see other people's as before in my favourites/contact list as this has apparently disappeared. Please change it back
1/5 By Glenn_tj
Why did you remove the best part which was Favourites!!!
How am I meant to know what girls number I got on nights out now!!!!
New Update IS AWFUL! (2.17.5)
1/5 By Arsalan_ufc
The new update has changed Whatsapp a lot!
We can no longer have written status/mood description in our profile!
Please change it back to the way the status was before!
I HATE THE NEW UPDATE!!!!
Don't upgrade!! They just ruined the app and removed your favourites (2.17.5)
1/5 By PhilC32
Latest upgrade ruined the app .. they insist on shoving all kinds of nonsense in your face .. and they've removed your favourites list .. so annoying !!!
This update is a massive downgrade, Whatsapp is popular for a reason, it isn't snapchat
Favourites/contact list gone?!?! (2.17.5)
1/5 By JohnWatson1302
Why has the favourites tab been removed, that was whatsapp's best feature before this dreadful new update came in and trampled all over everyone's favourite messaging service. Like most others I used it for casually chatting to friends and see a text update or profile picture change occasionally was just part of the old format which worked so well! The favourites tab should come back, if not I fear this app will have been resigned to the app graveyard by it's developers, completely unnecessarily! 😤
Really good!! But (2.17.5)
5/5 By CT goodness
Plz remove status and add group calls, you can do this on Skype and Google hangouts but I don't know enough people who use that, we need group calls in whatsapp
Very poor (2.17.5)
1/5 By SDJM007
The new version is certainly worse than anything it replaces. I can't seem to stop the app copying all the photos sent to my phone, despite turning this feature off
Not happy with new update (2.17.5)
1/5 By Wysol
The contact list was important part of the app. How the hell i supposed to find ppl now on WhatsApp? No one will do this stupid status every 24h!
5/5 By neveragainkim
Good app. Better than texting
1/5 By Nagina Raja
I don't like the new WhatsApp, it's very complicated and I think the older one was much better and a lot easier to use.
didn't like the status update thing 🙁 (2.17.5)
1/5 By godgiftsandhu
i've been using whatsapp from years. i like it but that snapchat copy status story thing is really bad update.
Stop it (2.17.5)
1/5 By Mojo106
You're a messaging app (and you were a very good one) NOT social media. Stop trying to change what you're good at and get rid of the pointless new status stuff.
1/5 By Cjanicee
This new update is the worst, you cannot find the contacts it seems like you're using snapchat, really you ruined the app.
Whatssap used to be simple and amazing to use because included the messages and a easy way to work with it but right now you cannot keep the simplicity of the status nor find the contacts
What a shame.
Now we have to wait Mark to do the same with facebook ,since he had done with Instagram and whatsap now...
Stop imitating snapchat
Simplicity is the key
RUINED WITH UPDATE!!!!! (2.17.5)
1/5 By Official...,
Bring back favourites, remove stories. It's useless would give 0 stars if I could. Loved this app from launch up to the last version. This one ruined it 10000000000%
Why mess with things !! (2.17.5)
1/5 By Mindymoo3
Goodbye whattsap it was great chatting with my friends via this and now I'm deleting unless you go back to basic and put it back to how it used be you've ruined a great app by copying every other one, it was far better before you messed it up with this nonsense not impressed !
1/5 By leigho3885
Dont like the upgrade 👎🏻
Hate the new update need our favourites and whatsapp status back (2.17.5)
1/5 By brownsugga100
We hate the new updates and want the old whatsapp back the update is just terrible and annoying we already have Snapchat for that please remove the new updates
Not great since the new update (2.17.5)
1/5 By Chungting17
It's moving like Snapchat
Bring back Favourites and basic status (2.17.5)
1/5 By Tamara Roberts
I have always used What's App and I think it is fantastic usually, but since this latest update I'm rethinking how I feel about it. The status feature is long and awkward there no longer is a favourites list, which is a VITAL feature as it contains contacts. No need for the camera feature, didn't need ur before surely don't need it now. If I wanted a social media site I would of signed up to Instagram.
Back to the drawing board I think what's app.
Don't like the new version (2.17.5)
1/5 By Superman6666666666
Preferred the old app. No favourites,no status. Get the old one back.
Sort out the latest update 2017 (2.17.5)
1/5 By Ysjsbsbks s
The new update is horrendous it's not snap chat or Instagram! Just stop it. It just wasn't needed!
1/5 By Chezzy1234
Turn it bk to how it was, the new update is awful!!!!
Hate the new update (2.17.5)
1/5 By KawaiiPrinceas
This app was great before but the new update is trying too hard to be like Snapchat. I don't like the way you can't have a fixed bio like you used to and that you have to have a story like Snapchat and instagram. Please add back the old status.
Hate the update (2.17.5)
1/5 By I wouldn't bother, useless
If i want snspchat i'll download it!! Bring back the favourites. Don't fix something that isn't broken 😡😡😡
1/5 By pytikul
Since Facebook took over they've messed up the app
Hate new update (2.17.5)
1/5 By Evergreen786
New update of what's app is awful. Specially, status set up is disappeared, its very annoying, can't checked Friends status. didn't liked it at all :(
Please changed this
New Update (2.17.5)
1/5 By Katycuckoo
I'm not liking this new update! Where has the contact list gone?? I can't see anything now! Get rid of that status tab and reinstate the contact list, it was so much better!
1/5 By Schavz2307
This is ridiculous I hate it this is WhatsApp not snapchat plz sort it out and go back to how it was
1/5 By Jember10
Title says it all.....
Awful After Update (2.17.5)
1/5 By Broel IV
WhatsApp was great because of its simplicity. It's now moved away from what it was designed for and become another crap social media platform. Change it back to how it was and keep your users happy, I don't know ONE person who've responded positively to the update.