By Apple (Apple Inc.)
Supported Devices :
10/06/2014 | Version : 6.2 | Size : 414.0 MB
• New "view only" setting lets you share presentations you want others to view but not edit
• Improved Presenter Display layouts and labels
• New transitions and builds: Object Revolve, Drift and Scale, and Skid
• Improved Magic Move including text morphing
• Apply motion blur to animations
• Show rulers as a percentage of document size
• Improved Instant Alpha image editing
• Media Browser improvements, including search
• Directly specify start and end points of movies
• Create custom data formats
• Export to PPTX format
• Improved AppleScript support
• Control the z-order of bubble chart labels
• Support for animated GIFs
• Detailed presentation import feedback
• Improved animation performance
• Improved bi-directional support: switch direction for text, lists and tables
• Allow objects on slide to layer with master
• Improved text box behaviour
• Usability improvements
22/03/2014 | Version : 6.1 | Size : 425.4 MB
• New transitions including Droplet and Grid
• Enhanced presenter display options
• Share password-protected presentations via iCloud link
• Custom number formats in charts are preserved on import of Keynote ’09 and Microsoft PowerPoint presentations
• Create charts with date, time, and duration values
• Improved compatibility with Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 presentations
• Bug fixes and stability improvements
11/01/2014 | Version : 6.0.1 | Size : 423.4 MB
• Customize the toolbar with your most important tools
• New transitions including Blinds, Color Planes, Confetti, Fall, Perspective, Pivot, and Swoosh
• New builds including Blinds, Fly in, Fly out, Orbital, Pivot, Scale Big, and Swoosh
• Stability improvements and bug fixes
Easily create gorgeous presentations with the all-new Keynote, featuring powerful yet easy-to-use tools and dazzling effects that will make you a very hard act to follow.
The Theme Chooser lets you skim through an impressive collection of 30 new and updated Apple-designed themes. Once you’ve chosen the perfect canvas for your presentation, simply replace the placeholder text and graphics with your own words and images. Easy-to-use tools let you add tables, charts, shapes, photos and videos to slides — and bring it all to life with cinematic animations and transitions that look as though they were created by your own special effects team. Animate your data with new interactive column, bar, scatter and bubble charts.
Use iCloud to keep your presentations up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a presentation using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly with Keynote for iCloud beta from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser.
With Keynote, you have all the tools you need to make an amazing presentation quickly and easily.
Get started quickly
• Choose from 30 Apple-designed themes to give your presentations a beautiful start
• Use the slide navigator to quickly skim through your presentation, add new slides and reorder slides
• Engage your audience with new interactive charts and chart animations
• See live on-canvas previews as you animate your slides
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes and images look beautiful
Easy-to-use graphics tools
• Edit down to the pixel with rulers and alignment guides
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• Professional-level graphics tools
• Use Instant Alpha to easily remove image backgrounds
• Free-form curves, shapes and masks
• Connection lines
• Updated cinematic slide transitions for easily creating stunning presentations
• Magic Move effect now expanded to animate and morph graphics
• Gorgeous new slide transitions including Clothesline, Object Cube, Object Flip and Object Pop
• New text and object animations including Vanish, Crumble, and Fade and Scale
• New Emphasis builds let you add impact with one click
Present to your audience
• Gorgeous new presenter display with support for up to six displays
• Recorded narration
• Create self-running, interactive shows for kiosks and displays
• Control your slideshow from iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with the Keynote Remote app (available separately from the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch)
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your presentations from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your presentations from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Keynote for iCloud beta
• Keynote automatically saves your presentations as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your presentations to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter or Facebook
• Anyone with the link will always have access to the latest version of the presentation and can edit it with you at iCloud.com
• Take advantage of image and movie size optimisation
• Import a wide range of media types including JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PSD, EPS, PDF, AIFF, MP3, AAC and MOV
• Share as Movie to Facebook, Vimeo and YouTube
• Export your presentations to Microsoft PowerPoint, PDF, QuickTime, HTML and image files
• Choose from many different layouts to print your presentation or create handouts for your audience
For information on the security content of this update, please visit: support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Keynote does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
Keynote for iCloud beta is currently available in English only.
Screenshots Mac OSX :
Comments and Ratings for Keynote
2/5 By sunnypickles78
I loved Keynote in it previous incarnation. I am begining to dispise this new version as it is no longer initutive and it keeps having a fit in the middle of doing presentations for class time then crashing on me losing work. As there is no autosave now, I am losing work left right and centre! PLEASE SOMEONE GO BACK TO THE BEAUTIFUL SIMPLE PIECE OF SOFTWARE THAT WORKED UNTIL I UPGRADED TO THIS CURRENT VERSION OF KEYNOTE!
app is very buggy (6.1)
2/5 By Thereaderextra
Keynote keeps crashing for me. When I am creating a presentation, at odd times it just crashes. Really not on par with powerpoint which is a shame.
Presenter display non-customisable (6.1)
3/5 By wraggsyboy
Keynote is currently the best presentation software, however the inability to re-arrange the presenter display is infuriating!
Why Apple changed from the customizable display found on previous versions to the fixed layout found on this version leads me to question if the Keynote team actually do presentations themselves! My colleagues and I need a much bigger presentation notes area.
working on 10.9.2 (6.1)
5/5 By peter63711
1/5 By AJK999
I use all the top end features in Keynote and consider myself proficient. I am so very disappointed at this latest version. Mac have taken away the ability to hyperlink one keynote presentation to the next. They have also removed smart builds. This latest update is a total disaster. I wish I’d stayed with PC.
2/5 By sfhsjhfsj
I love the new layout, its easy to navigate through it. However I do a lot of presentations for University and it just keeps freezing and has to reopen almost 2-5 times per slide. Resulting in my loosing some of the work I have just written. Its very frustrating! Dont bother upgrading!
Not Bad (6.1)
4/5 By Qwertydfhcsdgv
works well enough to stop me from buying Microsoft Powerpoint
1/5 By Lancaster 32168543
I haven’t used a mac for very long but I have been very impressed with the applications I have used so far. Except this one!! I purchased Keynote because I have presentations c on my iPad that I want to edit on my mac. Since I installed Keynote this morning it has crashed about 10 - 15 times. I have now given up and using my iPad again. Not happy as it cost £13. I really would’nt waste your money.
Is this a Joke? (6.1)
1/5 By dmas01
Clunky, sticky, inscrutable and unstable. (Which is exactly how i would describe myself after working on this new version of Keynote for the morning.) Thank you apple that’s half a day of my life I’ll never see again. Apple used to make things better. Now they make things worse.
Junk - get it fixed Apple (6.1)
1/5 By MouflonUK
Continual crashes, fewer useful features than before, unable to open presentations, corrupted files - need I say more. Have de-installed & reverted to the previous version and guess what - works perfectly. Apple - sort this out.
3/5 By de@dlock
I like the ease with which we can create visually pleasing presentations with keynote. But it is annoying to have to put up with some frustrating bugs. I have created about 10 presentations since I installed this. I had to export the most recent one to pdf and found that some text was missing. And frustrating thing about this is it is not obvious as in the whole text box is not disappearing. It is the odd word in few slides which made it look like some careless errors. It is the same with html export option. Am I expected to read and compare the whole presentation after export?? Grrrrrr….
Great but some bad experiences (6.1)
3/5 By v;ilcvugcgck
Keynote has always been reliable to me, but all of a sudden 200 slides into my photography coursework, it decides to delete all my images. This annoyed me at first but didn’t stop my work process as i had already printed the slides off into my sketchbook. But then I updatd to 6.1, in which I then discovered I couldn’t reinsert my images because ‘its the wrong file type’. This was a JPEG file, probably one of the most coomonly used in the world…… Furthermore, it wouldn’t be consistant about it, sometimes it would let me do but more often it wouldn’t. Then I tried insering images through the media tab thats connected to iPhoto. Again, this was on and off and is really starting to annoy me, as almost every slide contains an image or thumbnail of some kind.
Simple and Intuitive (6.1)
5/5 By Yorkshirepuds
I’m only an occasional user and have just built my first new presentation since switching to V6. I found the whole process far more intuitive and painless than my last effort in V5 so, for me at least, it is a big step forward. I note from other reviewers that it has lost some features in the simplification process but the benefit of easier accessibility for non techies and improved integration with iOS easily outweighs all that for me… And my new presentation looks great too!
Keynote 6.01 (6.1)
1/5 By PeterStarman
This is a very backward step - have you recruited the MicroSoft PPT team ??
Clunky, illogically organised, with a confusing interface, and it crashes and the slightest excuse.
I have had to revert to Keynote 09 which is none of these things.
Apple - you are losing your edge...
Keynote continues to disappoint (6.1)
3/5 By @andydavies
In the ground up write, key features seem to have been lost, for example I like to have presenter notes occupy 2/3rds of the screen as they are far more important to me that current / next slide but there still seems no way to customise the presenter display beyond turning widgets on and off.
Quick like the new inspector but undecided whether it’s actually an improvement.
Bring back customize presenter display (6.1)
2/5 By Syl20K
Honestly guys, I have no idea what crossed your mind but I can not believe the only customization option for the presenter display is to pick what is actually displayed. No way to resize, move the different widgets. I used to resize the current slide as a thumbnail, and use lots of space for presenter notes at the bottom. But now there is no option to resize/move the different component anymore.
Please guys, bring back the previous presenter display version. I can not understand why you've decided to change it in the first place...
Getting better. BUT EXPORT TO MOVIE STILL DOESN’T WORK! (6.1)
3/5 By Rev Who
Getting better, and like some of the newer transitions - BUT EXPORT TO QUICKTIME STILL DOES NOT WORK. As a long-time user and frequent advocate of Keynote over PPT I want it to be really obvious it is better. I’ll give another star when the promised functionality is there and ready to go!
Still broken! (6.1)
1/5 By Sprackarts
I’m sorry, but Keynote is still very much broken.
Here’s a simple example…
Set a section of text to dissolve in by character over a period of more than about 5 seconds and what happens?
It all dissolves is together, as a block, not as individual characters.
‘Fly in’ doesn’t even give you the option of flying in by character any more. But it used to, in version 5!
Many transitions and animations are still missing, only to be replaced by ‘dissolve’.
And I could go on…
But I won’t!
Just fix it Apple. Properly. PLEASE!
won’t measure in pixels, been searching for hours to find out why, no answers forthcoming (6.0.1)
1/5 By UnimpressedofTheInterwebs
Bought this because we had to for an iphone app prototyping project - the damn thing won’t measure in pixels. At all. Even though everything everywhere says that it will. The one reference I found to this was a question on a forum that has gone unanswered. So thoroughly unimpressed.
Useless in a work environment (6.0.1)
1/5 By Daren, London
How can you replace ’Save as…’ with ‘Rename’ – they are not the same thing!! Doesn’t save files to a server either. Awful.
Much less useful for creating graphics (6.0.1)
2/5 By Giles Holtby
I used to love to use keynote as an alternative to the fiddlyness of adobe illustrator for creating custom graphics. Since the update (and stupidly deleting the old version) I am now using the much-improved powerpoint for these tasks.
The range of shapes that it is possible to create, the ways in which you can morph them, the options around styles and colour treatments. All are now massively reduced in favour of increased compatibility with iOS devices. Seriously, how many people use an ipad for creating presentations?
In a nutshell, crap.
If you’ve been waiting five years for a downgrade, you won’t be disappointed (6.0.1)
2/5 By the_abbott
I held off installing this ‘update’. I gave in because someone sent me a file which needed it. Since then I have given this 6.0.1 version the benefit of the doubt with every presentation I’ve used. But I always end up taking presentations back to the ’09 version for its power and useability. Thankfully installing the current version does not overwrite the ’09 version. The fact that you can export to the older version suggests that Apple realised from the outset that for many people the five years older version is better. This is not the upgrade you are looking for. It gets one star for still looking better than PowerPoint and one for allowing you to ‘downdate’ your files to the older version.
jusr erased for the second time (6.0.1)
1/5 By geotrupede
beware. it is buggy and crashes.
inreliable piece of software which let me down in front of a client.
PS never had an issue with the fabulous previous version. fire few icon and interface designers and bring back the past.
Awful update (6.0.1)
1/5 By cstreet123
The latest keynote is just awful. It won’t open any of my old keynote themes. Everything I do in it now seems to take an additional step. For example, want to change the theme of a slide? Well as far as I can see you need to add a new slide and delete the old one. Want to change the font? You have to open the huge sidebar that covers much of the screen to see the font formatting options. And what about using masks? Again, it’s hidden away, and the built-in masks using my themes don’t even seem to work anymore. Atrocious, it makes me think about going back to MS Powerpoint
What Seriously? (6.0.1)
1/5 By Pete10uk
Had this for quite a while now, not really been overly keen on the upgrade, useful features have been moved or removed completely and using it seems quite clunky, I have managed to find most things with a bit of digging and with more regular use I would probably use to it.
That said I have just had a message "This presentation can’t be opened because it’s too old.” I only skipped one version, the advise to savit using Keynote 09 is all well but its no longer available.
This in it’s self is completely unacceptable. I want to buy more apple stuff as I have done for the past 10 years, but recently there approach is unforgivable. Keynote and all apple programs should be backwards compatable for just about ever or have a really good reason to change and be well published with a solution to keep the older version active. Take the Final Cut debacle, I know a number of video production companies running back to Microsoft. I mean come on Apple these are your people you are farcing back to the dark side.
STOP TURNING OSX INTO iOS!!!!!!! (6.0.1)
1/5 By [Hero]
Apple, why not try listening to all these reviews about how CRAP iWork is. In case you haven't noticed, Macs aren't iPads, so stop writing iPad software for the Mac.
2/5 By Dan Peeters
It does run the basic features and the transitions are the best I have ever seen, but there are so many things that I cannot do that I used to be able to do while I was still using Microsoft office. I usually basically rate everything Apple makes with 5 stars, but in this case I don’t think it deserves it. It has the potential to be so good :’(
Does everything I need (6.0.1)
5/5 By PeterWatthey
Seems to open all my powerpoints fine. Some I had to re “arrange” objects to the back to edit others but that is rare. Never had the 09 version so I haven’t suffered any “change”.
Works Really well (6.0.1)
5/5 By Benj674
This app works very well with my MacBook Pro and with OS X Mavericks, can’t ask for anything better, well created.
Noy As Bad As Pages 05 - Which Isn’t Saying Much (6.0.1)
3/5 By AndrewAtTheCroft
Keynote, it has to be said, has fared better from the iWork debacle than its stablemates. The transtitions that people missed on its first release have largely been restored in the most recent update. It remains, however, rather counter-intuitive in use. What really really bugs me though is this. Features have been lost - some of them that many people valued. The reason, we are told, is so that presentations created on MacOS canbe used “seamlessly” on iOS; but they can’t because Apple still hasn’t properly dealt with the issue of fonts. When I create a presentation I choose a font that is best for the presentation. On MacOS I can seek and download a font that will do the job well. When I transfer the file to my iPad, however, it still cannot use the fonts I want.
From this dev.
Price : £48.99
Platform : Mac OS
Price : Free
Platform : iPhone/iPad
Price : Free
Platform : iPhone/iPad
OS X El Capitan
Price : Free
Platform : Mac OS
Price : Free
Platform : iPhone/iPad
Magic Match 3
Price : Free
Bubble Blast 2 !
Price : Free
Price : Free
Price : Free
Price : Free